Friday, January 18, 2008

First Blog

So this is officially my first blog on this website. I occasionally blog on myspace, but this site seems to be more readily accessible. Hopefully Lisa will tell me some tricks on how to make my blog look as pretty as hers.

Yesterday I got a new laptop. Its a Dell inspirion 1525 with a Verizon data card for the internet connection. Its supposed to work anywhere. So far, so good! I guess this inspired me to start blogging, because I now will have a computer with internet access with me almost all of the time.

Baily had an appointment with a urologist today. His regular doctor couldn't feel his left testicle and ordered an ultrasound which resulted in a referral to the urologist. The urologist was able to feel both testes and said even though the left one is more difficult to pull down the surgery can wait and isn't recommended at this time. He will be rechecked in a year and if that point it worsens - he will have the surgery. Good news! Baily was awesome at the appointment and laid ever so still on the table while the doctor was pushing and tugging at his testes. He did have a funny look on his face though.

Leo is in school today. They just started back on Tuesday and already have another holiday coming up (Martin Luther King Jr. Day). He is learning to read and can already read most 3 letter words. He knows the entire alphabet and what sounds each letter makes. He can count up to 30 and write the numbers as well. He does have a little trouble with the 5's and 2's (writing them). He is ahead of most kids in his class, that isn't really saying much as the school he attends isn't one of the better in the area.

Not having a job or being in school right now sucks. I feel that I am wasting time just being at home. I enjoy hanging out with Baily in the day, but soon he will be going back to preschool. I don't know if I am going back to college this semester or not. I have to see what kind of schedule I can get with a new job. Just waiting for call backs and looking online for more places to apply. Most applications for everywhere are online now, so I don't need to go anywhere, although at some point I will if I don't get a call-back.

Billy keeps putting in applications too and going and talking to managers, but no job yet. Hopefully that will come soon. He really wants to work too, but its hard with no high school education and no drivers license.

Maybe I'll write more later this evening. Bye!

No comments: