Friday, January 25, 2008

Another Day

Today was another day of staying inside. Very windy and rainy outside. Yesterday was a lazy day too. I slept most of the day. Doesn't happen very often. Baily laid in bed with us and slept for a couple hours allowing us to get some naps in as well. Nice.

Didn't sleep all day today. Did laundry, dishes, and played online. Also played the PS2 a little bit and watched TV. My poor Leo is sick. I think he may have food poisoning. Whatever he had for lunch, he said it was hot dogs, looked really nasty coming up. He's asleep on the couch for now. I hope he feels better, I hate puking.

That is the reason I slept most of yesterday. This Chantix (stop smoking pill) has a side effect of nausea and vomiting. Well, I ate scrambled eggs and drank coffee and we'll just say yuck. Today I ate toast instead and just laid down for a little bit after taking it and was fine.

I am not sure if this is going to work. The stop smoking thing. I still crave cigarettes, just not as often and not a whole one. I have been going online daily and doing the GetQuit activities that are part of the Chantix program, but am not sure how easy it will be to stop on Monday, my quit date. I really do want to quit, but nicotine and smoking is more addictive and harder to quit than heroin. That sucks. Should've listened to my parents about not smoking, then I wouldn't be dealing with this now. Oh well, here I am.

Baily is being really good right now. He is quietly (wow) sitting next to his big brother on the couch and watching Wheel of Fortune. Not to mention he is chewing on some sort of food he stole from the kitchen, but at least he ate his dinner tonight.

Dinner was kind-of thrown together tonight, but was really good. I used 2 half full bags of whole wheat pasta that were left in the cabinet and made a tuna casserole thing. I boiled the pasta with leftover peas with pearl onions (from last night), a can of corn, and some cut up fresh carrots and broccoli (trees as the boys call them). Then I mixed in a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of tuna, and some pepper. I added a bit of shredded cheese to the top and baked it for 20 minutes. Baily, Billy, and myself had 2 helpings, YUM! Leo was to sick and mom is on her healthy eating plan, so there are leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Bye for now!

No comments: