Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Busy Day in Quincy.

My goodness, have I been busy today. I've been cleaning my Dad's house off and on since 7:00 this morning. Mostly off, but it looks way better. There are clean (as clean as you can get with a half broken shop vac) floors in the livingroom and his room and mostly everything in the livingroom has been dusted. Let me tell you about a lot of dust too! A lot of what I was doing was piling up stuff because I don't know where anything goes (if it even has a home), and even what some things are. Dad told me not to get rid of any paper-stuff so there are boxes of papers everywhere. Fun!

Billy has been cutting firewood and moving snow most of the day. We also took a break and went to his sisters house to move a bed and visit for a little bit.

Today is Billy's birthday, so we are going to his sisters house around 5:00 this evening for dinner and a cake. This turns out to be really nice because I am broke and couldn't do anything special for him. We should have a good time visiting and hanging out. Also it gives us a small break from work, even though we will probably have to build a new fire when we get home.

The kids don't seem to mind being up here. Besides not listening (as usual) they aren't too bad. They haven't got burned by the fireplace yet or lost in the woods, so thats good.

Gotta go get in the shower now, I feel filthy from cleaning and dusting all day!

No comments: